Making the decision to install an in ground pool in your home’s backyard is a natural choice for many California residents. The chance to enjoy relaxation, fun, and time with friends and family without having to leave home makes it an easy decision. But what isn’t always easy is just what kind of pool to install, what features to use, and more.
To make it easier, it’s worth thinking about a few basic points when starting the process of new pool construction. Doing so will help you get the pool of your dreams. Here’s a rundown of some of the main things to remember.
- Think about the design you want. In ground pools can be built in a wide range of shapes and sizes, so consider your backyard, your family, and what it is that you’ll all get the most from. Then talk to the contractor handling your installation. They’ll help you realize your goals and give you a design that brings them to life.
- Also be sure to consider the overall design of your lawn around the pool. In addition to new pool construction, it is often a good idea to add a pool deck in order to really enjoy the pool properly. Many homeowners will also add things like covered sitting areas or outdoor kitchens to get more from the pool.
- Think about surfacing options. There are numerous options here, and your pool contractor can go over them all to help ensure that you choose the right surface for your needs.
- Another thing to consider is surface color, lighting, and other similar features. These may seem like minor additions to a pool, but can really enhance your experience in it – especially during night swims.
- Talk about the maintenance chemicals. Chlorine has always been the go-to for most home pools, but some may decide that other options provide them with a better result. Either way, you have more than just a single option for keeping your pool clean. Discuss them with your pool contractor.
- Cost always comes into play, but with a new pool construction it’s important not to just cut as many corners as possible. Instead, try to find the way to get the pool you want at the best value. Rock bottom prices aren’t what you should be looking for – it’s about getting the most for your money.
These simple tips can help you get the most from your pool and ensure that you’re able to install a swimming pool you can enjoy for years to come.